Sunday, September 13, 2009

My very first car.

My good friend from high school, Jay Corder, had a 1953 MG TD we had lots of fun in it and I decided that I should look for one. I found a 1951 MG TD that had been repainted BRGreen and seemed to run well so I bought it for $575.00 from a guy that raced MG's at Westwood race track, which was in Coquitlam, which is now a residential development, sadly~!. Enjoyed the MG for a few years and then stored it in the family carport for a few more years and sold it in 1969 to pay for our Honeymoon driving trip to California (borrowed my dad's station wagon). If we didn't get married I would still have that car now, haha! Sorry Linda...

2 comments:

Coco Cake Land said...

driving down to california with rich is my future dream trip! we've talked about it for years but haven't gotten around to going yet. maybe summer 2011!!

Al in Vancouver said...

Lyndsay you'll have to talk your dad into letting you drive one of his cars!