Sunday, September 13, 2009

My little Brother's Old Car, 1961 TR3 b


British racing green coloured, Triumph TR3 b, with red leather interior. This was my brother Randy's car, left in my care when he went to Oregon State University. I used it at a BCIT school rally, and it got photographed for the school paper. My brother was not thrilled that I had been cruising around in his car! Funnily enough this issue of the school paper's date was exactly ten years before my youngest daughter was born!
Note the "OSU" sticker on the rear window.
When Randy graduated from OSU, he brought home a brand new 1969 Corvette Stingray with the big block 427 cu. in. engine 4spd . posi rear end ,BRGreen with tan leather seats. It was usually a wild , hold on tight when he was driving. (Hey bro let me drive??...please.)
I found out years later (he confessed) when I was away on holiday he drove my '66 Vette and had damaged the nose of the car managed to get it repaired before I got home. He was sweating as the car was just finished the day before I got back. Gee... I thought that something was different about the car when I was washing it that day.
I just LOL when he told me years later
.
My little brother (four years younger) .... passed at a young 55 ......I really miss him.

No comments: